Job Description: DSP
Work Schedule: is a non-profit agency, dedicated to providing people with disabilities opportunities to live their best lives. We provide services based on each person’s needs, abilities, and desires, to ensure that they live, work, and play as independently as possible.This is a non-exempt/ hourly position and is subject to overtime. Specific days and hours are to be scheduled by the supervisor to assure adequate coverage of responsibilities. Schedules will be flexible and subject to change. Schedules focus on client needs and are likely to include evenings, nights, and weekends. Training: The person in this position is responsible for completing a minimum of twelve hours of pre-service orientation and training before supervising individuals including CPR & FirstAid, mandatory abuse report training, training on individual profiles, and transition plan or ISP, provided by Dreamz Work, Inc., upon employment and then to complete a minimum of 12 hours pertinent in-service annually. CPR and First Aid must be obtained from a recognized training agency and kept current thereafter.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provide and/or coordinate generic and specialized services needed to support individuals with disabilities living in their own homes in the community. Provide support for people with disabilities that will promote independence, integration, choice, and control by persons served.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Using a prescribed format, complete comprehensive support needs assessment for each individual at the time of his/her entry into services and at least annually thereafter. Identify opportunities for the individual to achieve increased physical and social integration in the community by participating in preferred activities chosen by the individual. Analyze support and training needs and develop strategies to meet those needs. Design support activities that emphasize promotion of:• choice and control by the individual• self-initiation and self-monitoring systems• maintenance and generalization of skills• least intrusive and controlling approaches
Draft an individual support plan (ISP) based on the assessment, including medical, dietary, behavior, and safety plans. Submit the draft plan to the individual support plan team for review and approval. Produce and distribute the annual plan to ISP team members.
Implement ISPs, providing assistance, training, and monitoring as identified in each person’splan.• safety procedures, including emergency evacuation drills.• medical supports, including administration of medications, treatments, and diets per physician instructions and agency procedures• dietary supports, including special diets per physician’s order• financial supports as identified, including documentation of transactions per agency policy and procedure.
Specific supports may include all levels of assistance, training, monitoring, and coordination of activities. Specific supports may include, but are not limited to, helping individuals:
- maintain existing relationships with family and friends
- make new friends and form new relationships
- develop and use personal safety skills at home and in the community
- participate in preferred leisure activities
- identify and utilize transportation systems (may include providing
- make and get to appointments
- obtain medical and dental care
- administer medication
- adhere to special diets
- budget and manage money
- plan and prepare meals
- clean house
- launder clothes
- attend to personal hygiene needs
Complete periodic reassessment of the individual’s satisfaction with ISP. Redesign support, training & monitoring strategies as needed, obtaining ISP team approval for modifications to the annual plan, as required. Maintain communication, correspondence, and positive working relationship with the individuals, family members, case manager, physicians, and other persons who provide support to the individual. A report in writing any accident, injury, or significant unusual occurrence involving an individual, using the agency-mandated Incident Report (IR) form. Maintain records and documentation as required including data for training and support activities, house logs, medication, and medical records, incident reports, menus, safety and cleaning checklists, emergency evacuation records, etc. per individual plans and agency procedure. Ensure that documentation is properly filed, organized, and readily accessible for review at any time. Complete required administrative documentation including timesheets, mileage sheets, etc. Maintain the confidentiality of persons served both in verbal communications and in sharing written material in compliance with state and federal law, per agency policy. Comply with DW policies and procedures and pertinent monitoring agency rules and regulations. Attend meetings, participate in training, and perform other duties as assigned and required by supervisor. Skills Needed
- mature judgment relative to providing support to individuals who experience the effects
- of disabilities
- effective and professional communication in both verbal and written form
- effective time management and ability to perform multiple projects within deadlines
- ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- General office organization skills, including filing, scheduling, correspondence and
- phone reception
- intermediate level word processing and e-mail skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass a criminal history background check
- Must submit three positive references
- Must obtain a TB test within two weeks of hire
- Must be able to evacuate during an emergency and be able to assist clients to the same.
- Must complete CPR and First Aid Certification training within thirty days of
- employment and maintain current certification thereafter
- If driving is a specifically assigned duty, must:
Must possess a valid Oregon driver’ license, a dependable vehicle sample; proof of insurance transport individuals in company vehicles or receive mileage reimbursement if own vehicle is used be eligible to drive agency vehicles per DW's insurance carrier